Histoire du 417eme squadron de la Royal Canadian Air Force de sa création aux années 80.
Résumé : 417 Squadron was a Royal Canadian Air Force squadron formed in England on 27 November 1941 at RAF Charmy Down and was known as the « City of Windsor » squadron. It was equipped with the Hurricane and later the Spitfire. It was initially deployed in Egypt and followed the allied advance through the western desert. With the defeat of axis forces in North Africa, the squadron followed the advance through Italy. It disbanded in Italy on 1 July 1945.
The squadron reactivated in Canada on 1 June 1947, at Rivers, Manitoba. It was equipped with the Mustang for army close support training until 1 August 1948.
Reformed as a part of the Canadian Forces in 1970 it operated as an operational training squadron on the CF-104 Starfighter at CFB Cold Lake. The squadron disbanded in 1983 with the retirement of the CF-104 fleet.
On 1 April 1993, No 417 Combat Support squadron was formed from CFB Cold Lake Base Flight plus aircraft servicing and maintenance elements of the Wing Maintenance organization. The squadron continued Base Flight’s operations with ten Canadair CT-133 Silver Star and three CH-118 Iroquois. When Base Rescue Moose Jaw was disbanded in 1993, 417 Squadron gained two of their CH-118s, to operate a total of five.
In July 1995 417 Squadron received three CH-146 Griffon helicopters and the five CH-118s were retired. The CT-133 was retired in 2001.
Détails produit : livre broché, illustré NB, occasion très bon état, comme neuf (voir photos), en anglais, épuisé.